Saturday, December 16, 2006

Christmas Tree

Guess what! I got up this morning (ok, afternoon around 2pm) and the first thing i heard was; "Darling, i spoke to Robert on the phone last night and he asked whether we had the tree put up yet or not. I said no because you would put it up on Monday!" "Also the carer asked about our Christmas Tree this morning and Susan at lunch time! I told them too on Monday!" "You will put it up on Monday than won`t you my sweetheart?" - this was Hilda with her questions with some instructive tone in her voice. OMG, i thought to myself, "Yes sure i will!" - i said and i rushed to the bathroom immediately. My Goodness. It is really here, Christmas is really very close. Alright, not a problem i still have got like two days left till Monday so i better just relax and get the fuss about it than. I am sure for anyone else putting up a Christmas tree isn`t a thing, but they normally do it together with someone or alone but than it is done for the one`s self entertaining with no supervision from an armchair. Anyway, i still have got two days left... So i started to relax myself as i was doing my morning grooming. All early afternoon i heard Hilda was listening to Christmas songs from her new CDs which (4 of them) i bought for her a couple of weeks ago. She was so cute as sang along and i could tell, she was really in the mode. This made me remember to write some more Christmas cards so i picked up a bunch from my cupboard and went downstairs to write them in the sitting room. As i was siting writing my cards and listening to the choir from the CD player i got into this kinda Christmas like mode as well. I felt very cosy. Than my phone rang. My boss phoned and asked me if i could do a shift in another pub on Monday. I said yes. Than we hang up the phone and i carried on with the cards. In about 20 minutes i got a thought. If i am working a Monday shift i won`t be able to put up the tree. OK, it is too late to call back Wayne and he was asking so nicely also the money isn`t too bad just right before my birthday (that`s when the shift will be paid to me) and i can not disappoint Hilda to make her wait another day since she has promised to everyone around her. Than i looked at her and she was smiling as she was still singing the Christmas songs. "Hilda!" "I will have to go to work on Monday, but don`t you worry i will put up the Christmas tree tomorrow!" "Tomorrow?" "OK my darling! That`s very good!" - she said and she was like a little child she was so happy about the good news. Right i thought - OK, i am to put up the fucking tree tomorrow. Not a problem. I still have got the whole day left and i only work tomorrow evening so i can do it just before leaving!
My phone rang again. Richard my friend called saying he was gonna go to swim but he realised he had forgotten something and he didn`t want to go back home because he is right by the station already and he wanted to ask me for a favour anyway so would i mind him popping in. Alright, that`s fine. He comes around nearly every day since i live very close to the station and i get always in his way when leaving for somewhere.
In about 5 minutes he was at my place. We had a nice chat and he asked me if i had like 15-20 spare Christmas cards because he couldn`t get any at those funny Indian shops. As i had used them nearly all i could have only given him like 2 or 3 but he needed the whole lot of the same kind. Anyway we carried on chatting and we came upstairs to my room when i finished with my cards. Than he came up with the question.
"You know, Gary is coming home tomorrow and i am on at work from 2 o` clock so i won`t be able to meet him!" "What time do you start?" - he asked. "At 6pm" - i said. "Do you wanna swap the shifts so you could make a bit of money and i could see Gary?" - he asked me again. Well the offer was very tempting because i really need the money in the next two weeks since i have got a lot to pay off. So i thought alright, i could do that but than i need to put up the fucking tree today! "Alright Richard!" - i turned to him - "How long have you got left now till you leave for work?" "Twenty minutes." he said.
I took his hand and lead him to the other room. I made him help me to take all the decorations and everything including the everlasting tree out of the wardrobe and we went downstairs. Guys, you should have seen Hilda`s face. Like a child`s first time in a candy shop. She was the happiest person ever. We were putting up the TREE! Richard had to leave for work in a little while and i finished it up on my own. Hilda was watching me from her chair and kept on wiping her eyes. She was so happy to have the tree up and i became very happy too by having seen her emotions. In about one hour time it was ready and i was just standing next to this old lady and looked at her. She looked at me and smiled. "Thank you my darling!" - she said. And this was the nicest thank you i could get from anyone. It was worth of everything. I am so grateful that things happened and made me do it today so i could make someone very happy and this really made my day.
When i heard her going to bed i went downstairs to say good night and i asked her if i should switch off the lights on the tree for her. "No, i want to see the tree before i fall asleep!" - she said with a wide smile on her face.
gaydar.co.uk